Thursday, October 19, 2006

Friday Scribe Jamboree


The Friday Scribe Jamboree is a weekly post where I link to some of my favorite Daily Scribe posts from the week (along with my own stupid comments).

Maybe the Yankees' pitcher should have waited until these become available. (As a Mets' fan, I'm allowed to take low-blow shots at the Yankees, especially after the Met's loss at Game 7 of the NLCS).

Christian missionaries are as ruthless as ever with their newest campaigns.

Two members at the Daily Scribe website, Kishner and Peelapom are both Jews who are unsure of their religious affiliation.

In a philosophical post, this blogger discusses the rational source of ethics. I personally beleive ethics and morals to be illogical so that the only source can be from Above. If I reasoned that someone was immoral, so it became immoral, I can just as easily reason that it is moral and allow murder, but if G-d said that something should not be done, then no matter what the rationalization, it cannot be done.

As always, Shawn has taken a difficult concept and simplified it in a way that it is easier to understand in explaining the way that a minister or even any clergyman can hold onto his constituents-- I mean congregants.

Aviel the female Soferet gives some good advice for someone to ruin or fix up a Torah scroll.

All this Scribe writing is making me hungry, I think I'm going to go to the kitchen downstairs now and have a taste of some Kosher food.

4 comments:

Jeffrey Kishner said...

Actually, I wrote that I don't have a religious affiliation.

Anonymous said...

I grow Lotuses in my back yard, and to grow them, you really have to know a lot about them, and this is the first time I saw them described as Loti. This, to me, is like referring to the plural of bus as bi.

But thank you for your kind comments on my blog.

Anonymous said...

I grow Lotuses in my back yard, and to grow them, you really have to know a lot about them, and this is the first time I saw them described as Loti. This, to me, is like referring to the plural of bus as bi.

But thank you for your kind comments on my blog.

Carly said...

I'm not unsure of my religious affiliation. I'm quite sure I'm Jewish. If you read the whole post, you'd have seen it was more about whether or not I should be continuing to give as much time and energy to the Pagan community as I have in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...