Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My Library

LibraryThing | Catalog your books online
After seeing this post and this post, I thought I'd put together a list of books in my own personal library. I only listed those books which I have here with me in my room right now. And only those books that I own in English, I was only able to get two or three Hebrew books on this list because it is hard transliterating in a way that it can find the books. (Obviously, most of the books in my room are written in Hebrew and Aramaic, but the English list still gives the reader a bit of a taste of what I read).

5 comments:

Jack Steiner said...

Thanks. That was interesting.

Reuven Chaim Klein said...

I just added a few more English books whose spines were not facing me from this position when I originally entered my library into the database.

kishnevi said...

I detect a liking for Artscroll. (No criticism--Shir haShirim is not their only volume on my bookcase.) And you have a couple of others I have. (Perhaps you can explain why the Saperstein Rashi includes the Targum. Anyone with enough Aramaic to read Onkelos presumably doesn't need the translation of the Rashi, wouldn't they?)
But I'll be putting up no catalog myself. The overflow alone is enough to fill another bookcase, and my nightstand is a minibookcase. Although only a portion of it is on Jewish subjects: I've got everything from Hesiod and K'ung-Fu Tzu to The Law of Admiralty and Gervase Fen in this house.

kishnevi said...

BTW, here's a recommendation for you:
R. Hillel Goldberg: The Fire Within: The Living Heritage of the Mussar Movement, Artscroll, 1987.
If you can find it, get it.

Reuven Chaim Klein said...

Remember, that most of the books in my room are not in English, and it's very understandable that most of the books I would have here that are in English are Artscroll. But I have tons more books scattered all over the house, it would just take way too much time to enter all of them into the database.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...